Pages

Friday, May 21, 2010

Mo Egeston's Music Updates- UG Project Saturday; TSA with CocoSoul Sunday

Greetings,


Busy busy times these days.  I'm feeling very grateful for the many opportunities that are presenting themselves as we approach the summer.  And today it looks like sun in St. Louis- always a welcome sight. If you are viewing this on Facebook I encourage you to click "view original post" to see this note in full.


I want to thank Kevin Johnson one more time for his generous mention of me in the St. Louis Post Dispatch- Go Entertainment Section.  Other than seeing more of my personal life in print than I ever hope to again.....I'm truly humbled by the coverage and all of the kind comments I've received since then.  One of my young piano students thought that this article meant I was ending our lessons because I was going to be to busy for him.  I assured him I wasn't going to leave him!


You can follow this link to see the article. 


Mo Egeston hits all the notes in busy life







This weekend I have 2 shows on the bill at Lola.  Saturday May 22 I return to the stage with 2010 RFT Nominee UG Project.  


This is the live house music crew which blends elements of jazz, soul, funk, house, Latin and techno featuring 
DJ Nune (Lamar Harris)- brass, keys and vocals
C Jay Conrod- vocals
Duane "Jingo" Williams- percussion.
Maurice "Mo" Egeston- keys and beat madness


Sunday May 23 its Coco time. Mo Egeston Presents is a weekly brunch music series held at Lola from 11-2 on Sundays.   This week its 2010 RFT Nominee the Soul Alliance featuring CocoSoul.  Sean Holland will join me on bass from 11-11:45 for a set of groovy acid jazz.  Coco  joins us at noon for 2 sets of soul, chillout house and assorted stuff that grooves.  Coco is a genuine St. Louis treasure- I encourage you to hear her.  


Brunches at Lola are all ages and kids are always welcome.  You can order off the menu, chill on the couches, at the bar or in the outdoor courtyard.  And there have been random episodes of dancing.  Did I mention the mimosas and Bloody Mary's?


You may have noticed, perhaps due to the subtle bold type, a reference to the 2010 RFT Music Showcase. (Click to see the list of nominees) As with any of these events things are quite subjective and many, many fine musicians never get recognized by such polls year after year.  However this year not 1 but 3 of the projects I'm affiliated with have been honored with a nomination.


We'd all appreciate getting some votes so please follow the link to show us some love. There is a bit of a problem with all the computer hackers out there so you will have to include some info to vote.  http://polls.riverfronttimes.com/polls/stl/musicshowcase2010/


 And the nominees are
Best Americana/Folk (Untraditional)
Brothers Lazaroff


Best Funk/Soul/R&B (Group)
the Soul Alliance featuring CocoSoul
UG Project


So as you could have guessed....I won't be disclosing my vote in the Funk/Soul group category!! We also will have the opportunity to play as part of the showcase.  the Soul Alliance is making its debut at River City that weekend so I don't think I'll be able to have them perform.  It does look like UG Project and Brothers Lazaroff will have a chance to play on June 5th so stay tuned for info.


(Lamar Harris would love a vote in the Solo Funk/Soul category where he is also nominated.)


News, notes and clips
Here are some recent activities that are documented in video or pictures. 
Brothers Lazaroff live @ Midwest Mayhem.  Follow this link for the page with most of the Brothers pics.  Be warned the first couple are of the burlesque dancers. (No nudity)


mo E trio- groove edition made its debut at the Delmar Lounge last Friday.  I had Grover Stewart and Jingo and we had a blast.  Here's an extended jam on My Funny Valentine.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bhftce6pzpI



Brothers Lazaroff was joined by Funky Butt Brass Band at the end of Midwest Mayhem for this epic jam.  Follow the link if you don't see a video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jx885ygivtE





Thanks for reading. Support live music!


Peace, 




















Maurice "Mo" Egeston
pianist-producer-educator
moegeston.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. If you have questions about Mo Egeston or any related artists feel free to drop me a note. All negativity and nonsense will be deleted.

Cheers.